Free Wire MP3 tracks for download
This website is the only legal resource for freely downloadable Wire MP3s. Right/Control-click the MP3s links below to download the free Wire MP3s to your hard drive. Also, click the 'buy album' links to buy the related release from pinkflag mail order
- 23 Years Too Late (Radio Edit) (from Read & Burn 03)
- 3rd Millennium Girl
- Boiling Boy (from It's All in The Brochure)
- Dot Dash (from Live at CBGB Theatre)
- First Fast (from Live at the Metro)
- Heartbeat (from Wire On The Box: 1979)
- In the Art of Stopping (edit) (from Read & Burn 01)
- One Of Us (from Object 47)
- Strange (from The Scottish Play)
- The Agfers Of Kodack (edit) (from Send)
- The Queen of Ur (from 21 July 1988 Astoria, London)
- Three Girl Rumba (2nd night) (from Live at the Roxy)
- Trash/Treasure (from Read & Burn 02)
- NEW: Two Minutes (from Red Barked Tree)
- Want to Ex-You (12XU) (from Re-Cycling Sherwood Forest)
Latest Wire news
Jan 06, 20142014
Here's wishing everyone a great 2014! 2014 will be a quieter year for Wire than 2013 nonetheless we will be opening the year account with a gig marking the 5th Anniversary of the Lexington on 17th Jan. Tickets will go on sale today, expect it to sell out fast! Meanwhile an Australia / New Zealand tour will follow it in Feb. There are plans to do at least one DRILL : FESTIVAL this year, we'll keep you posted about that. Meanwhile the band plans to record this year towards a 2015 release. More news to follow...
Pic by Fergus Kelly
May 29, 2013CBU VINYL
We can now announce that the vinyl version of Change Becomes Us is now finally available in the pinkflag shop. This edition is exactly the same as the version available on Record Store Day (Double Vinyl in a gatefold sleeve) but lacks the numbering.
December 11, 2012Change Becomes Us (pf19)
As Pinkflag newsletter subscribers will already know, a new Wire album will be released on CD and digital in March 2013, with vinyl following for Record Store Day on April 20. "Change Becomes Us" began as an exploration of unrecorded material originally written in 1979–80. Some of this material had only ever existed as quickly prepared sketches for one-off performance; however, subjected to the rigour of a Wire working process of both touring and studio, it evolved organically into what we think is a fascinating hybrid. Liberated from its historic roots, it simply took off! "Really fresh!" is the common quote of the few who've heard it!
You can pre-order the "Special Edition" from our Mail Order (regular CD or vinyl will be available to order at a later date) and you can read more in our most recent newsletter archived here.
Subscribe to the Pinkflag newsletter to be the first to hear upcoming Wire news.